Woodlands Harvest Festival
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
After the incredible success of last years Festival, Mary’s Organic Garden will once again play host to Woodlands Harvest Festival on Bank Holiday Monday October 31st 2022. The festival will take place between 10am and 4pm is a celebration of the end of growing season in our wonderful Organic garden and a tribute to our Chefs and Gardners who work so hard to produce and use our seasonal produce.
Returning to the Harvest Festival this year is a scintillating line up of renowned speakers and demonstrators who cover all aspects of gardening from bee keeping to willow design to wild foraging. There will be a multitude of outdoor games and activities for children as well as some halloween themed tasty snacks and treats from The Treehouse.
A free event open to both residents and non residents, the second annual Harvest Festival at Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel promises to be a fun filled family day out and the perfect way to kick off Halloween 2022.
This year is special to us also, as we will be raising money for Temple Street Childrens hospital. You can donate to the fundraiser here
Speakers & Demonstrations
- Michelle Donnellan Dirks – “Food and herbs as medicine”
- Caoimhin Brosnan – “Honey Bee Democracy”
- Jim Macnamara – “Spirit of the Woods”
- Kevin Wallace – “Going beyond Organic with Korean Natural Farming”
- Brian Bolger – “Creating a Dunemann Bed To Grow Trees From Seed at Home”
- Fionan Coughlan – “Ancient Brehon law and our native Irish trees”
- Padraig O’Shea – “How we Grow From Seed to Harvest”
- Caoimhin Brosnan – “Our Winter Garden From Green Manures to Garlic”
- Barry Noyce – “Creating Living Willow Structures and Willow Basketry”
Features & Activities
Fun For The Whole Family
- Woodlands Harvest Fest Giant Frame
- Giants chair
- Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe
- Alpaca Petting Zoo
- Bee Hive Viewing Area
- Face painting
- Spooky Hay Bales
- Giant Scarecrow
- Corn in The Hole
- Garden Tools of the Trade and Tractor Display
- Honey Bee Observatory Hive
- Special Harvest Treats from The Treehouse
- Mud kitchen and Seed Sowing
Halloween Family Fun
FAMILY FUN IN ADARE
Start planning your Spooktacular Halloween Family Break to Adare. There is so much for the kids to do here in Woodlands including FREE Kids Club for all kids aged 4yrs – 12yrs. We have a dedicated Woody’s Kids Club Coordinator that will make sure your kids are safe and have the best fun when they visit. Woody will also make an appearance to surprise the kids!
So many reasons to come and stay…..
- A family welcome. Accredited as a Guaranteed Irish hotel
- Located just outside Adare, a former winner of Ireland Prettiest Village
- One of the first hotels in Ireland to receive the Failte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter
- Woody’s Kids Club with Halloween themed fun
- Halloween Hay Bales
- Spooky Fairy Trail
- Outdoor Playing Field
- Mini Pet Farm
- Kids Goodie Bag on arrival
- Babysitting service
- 40 acres of our own organic grounds
- Organic Garden and 1.2km Walking Trail
- Large spacious bedrooms
- Free fast WiFi
- State of the art Revas Spa
- 2 restaurants with special kids menus; Timmy Macs Bistro and The Treehouse serving the best of local produce, some coming from our own organic garden.
- Health & Leisure Club with 20m pool, kids pool, feature pools, private health suite with jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, 1500 sq ft gym, fitness classes.
- Ideally located and perfect as a base to explore Galway, Kerry, Clare, Limerick, Cork and the Wild Atlantic Way. Only 2 hours from Dublin.
We were recently awarded the Georgina Campbell Award for Family Friendly Hotel of the Year 2021, and the Gold Medal Award for Family Friendly Hotel. This is a testament to our drive and passion to making our hotel inclusive and appealing to people of all ages.We strive to ensure that at Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel you will make friends and memories that will last a lifetime.
We can’t wait to welcome you this Halloween break – don’t forget to bring your Halloween costume and you might get some treats (no tricks we promise!)