Woodlands Fairy Trail
Discover the magic
Explore the magical fairy trail located in the gardens and along the Walking Trail in the 40 acres of countryside surrounding Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel & Spa.
The fairy homes were discovered in 2015 by accident when Farmer Jim was cutting trees on the grounds. However researchers have identified that the Woodlands has been inhabited by mystical creatures for thousands of years.
Come with the kids and search for more communities within the trees. There is no fee or charge. Maps and fairy dust can be collected at reception.
Did you know….
- To discover the portal to fairy world, you must close your eyes and make a wish. If you listen very carefully, you might be able to hear them flying around.
- Fairies size ranges from tiny fairies smaller than fireflies to powerful forces that guide the wind.
- Fairies live on islands, hollow trees, under toad stools, on streams or near hedges.
- Tangles in your hair – sometimes known as elf locks – are the work of fairies.
- Fairies love music, bells and jingles!
- The live to be several hundred years old.
- Fairies love fresh flowers and laughter, this attracts them.
- They can make themselves visible or invisible and can change their shapes and sizes
- Fairies love to dance!