Enjoy Afternoon Tea in Adare
Enjoy Woodlands Afternoon Tea in the our spacious yet cosy lobby. We can reserve a private table for you, near our fireplaces, or maybe you would prefer our Snug area. Woodlands Afternoon Tea is served in vintage style table wear and tea stands. Enjoy a selection of savory and sweet, including homemade mini scones served with Mary Fitzgerald's Jam, a delicious selection of desserts and Tea or Coffee. Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan Afternoon Tea is also available.
For those who are feeling especially indulgent, our Afternoon Tea with Bubbly offers all the delights of the Traditional Afternoon Tea complemented perfectly with a glass of house bubbly.
Our Afternoon Tea is served everyday in our Lobby providing the perfect way to celebrate that special occasion, such as a Hen party or birthday celebration or simply to catch up with the girls.
Afternoon Tea is available daily in our Lobby from 11am - 5pm. Reservations are recommended.
A extended Lobby Menu is also available from 9am - 5pm. This menu includes a selection of Scones, hot & cold Sandwiches, and Teas & Coffees.
Champagne Afternoon Tea €32.50 per person
Afternoon Tea €25.00 per person
ETIQUETTE WHEN ATTENDING AN AFTERNOON TEA PARTY
- After sitting down - put purse on lap or behind you against chair back
- Napkin placement - unfold napkin on your lap, if you must leave temporarily place napkin on chair.
- Sugar/lemon - sugar is placed in cup first, then thinly sliced lemon, never milk and lemon together. Milk goes in after tea - much debate over it, but according to Washington School of Protocol, milk goes in last. The habit of putting milk in tea came from the French. “To put milk in your tea before sugar is to cross the path of love, perhaps never to marry.” (Tea superstition)
- The correct order when eating on a tea tray is to eat savories first, scones next and sweets last. We have changed our order somewhat. We like guests to eat the scones first while they are hot, then move to savories, then sweets.
- Scones - split horizontally with knife, curd and cream is placed on plate. Use the knife to put cream/curd on each bite. Eat with fingers neatly.
- Proper placement of spoon - the spoon always goes behind cup, also don’t leave the spoon in the cup.
- Proper holding of cup - do not put your pinky “up”, this is not correct. A guest should look into the teacup when drinking - never over it.